I modified some of the instructions or did optional steps and will highlight them in another color. The plan for this project is free and can be found HERE!
The materials needed for the project
• 12 meters (40ft) of 100x25 (1x4) rough sawn treated lumber
NOTE: I used 1x3 pallet wood
• 5 meters (17ft) 150x25 (1x6) rough sawn treated lumber
NOTE: I used 1x5 pallet wood
• 1 meter (39") 25x25 (1x1) rough sawn treated lumber
NOTE: I purchased a pre-made dowel rod
• 4 meters (13ft) of 35mm (1 1/2") galvanized metal strap
• 40 stainless steel 50mm (2") long screws
NOTE: I purchased a exterior screws
• 2 10mm (3/8") galvanized bolts 60mm (2 1/2") long a handful of 30mm (1 1/4") galvanized flathead nails.
NOTE: I used screws instead
a handful of 30mm (1 1/4") galvanized flathead nails.
Optional items I decided to use:
• Stain for the outside wood
• Black paint for the inside to give depth and cover the screws
• Rope for the rod and bucket in the next project
Below are a few pictures and clicking on each one will take you to a larger one.
The size is 48" highStart of the project with the pallet boards prior to removing the staples and cutting.
The bottom boards after the nails/staples are removed and cut to size. I painted the one side flat back for the inside to give it more depth and also hide the blemishes and later the screws.
The other side of the bottom boards with stain applied.
I chose a dark stain to help cover the holes.
Lines drawn and strap measured and ready to fasten to the boards.
The circle is made with the strap (this is the hardest part)
The holes are made for the bucket rod and is stained.
Roof braces completed and installed.
Roof braces are stained and all that is left is the roof.
The finished project with the bucket (and a few decorations).